The importance of quality email marketing dataPublished on 05 Dec 2017
As a global industry, email marketing is expected to grow to as much as US$22.16 billion in value by the end of 2025.
Considering the massive opportunity this channel provides, it seems obvious that the quality of a business’s email marketing database should be high priority. Yet research shows that data quality remains a critical challenge for marketers.
46% of marketing influencers say improving marketing data quality is the most critical challenge to marketing data success. Gartner estimates that poor data quality costs the average business $13.5 million each year.
Bad data could be the difference between being a successful or failed business
You may be ‘pretty sure’ your email marketing is meeting business goals, like increasing sales or signups, but it’s imperative that you continually invest in data quality.
% of Marketing influencers cite poor quality data as a significant barrier to success
What are the MOST SIGNIFICANT BARRIERS to marketing data management success?
- Poor data use/accessibility 54% 54%
- Poor data quality 44% 44%
- Lack of ROI measurability 40% 40%
- Poor data base integration 37% 37%
- Data skills gap 34% 34%
- Not a budget priority 26% 26%
- Lack of data richness 18% 18%
Marketing Data Management Survey, Ascend2 and Research Partners, April 2016
Why a data quality program should be a serious marketing priority
The benefits of a continuous data quality improvement program are many:
- Enhances your deliverability – gets more emails into inboxes
- Prevents negative effects in your spending efforts – you won’t waste time or money
- Speeds up delivery – gets your message out there quicker
- Enhances your online reputation – doesn’t negatively impact your ability to deliver emails
- Experience higher conversion rates – achieve and exceed your marketing goals
- Increases ROI – pay back your investment many times over with healthy, measurable returns
Not sure about the quality of your data or how to improve it?
We can help you:
Remember: Data quality is a journey, not a destination … keep at it.
Read more about the importance of data quality and how Striata can help enhance your email marketing data, so your marketing efforts can yield a greater ROI.
Get in touch with us
Keen to find out more or get an expert's opinion?