How To Use Chatbots To Improve Your Digital Communication
Chatbots are becoming more and more common as a customer service tool for website visitors They are available 24/7, don’t get tired, hungry or confused, and can assist lots of customers simultaneously.
Today’s customers aren’t fastidious about how they get their problems resolved, they just want it to be at the very moment they need help and via whichever channel is easiest for them.
But, is website customer service the only function of these virtual helpers?
Can chatbots improve emails?
Our digital communication expert says:
We are constantly looking for digital communication solutions that create exceptional customer experiences. Part of this is paying attention to the digital tools that customers are using and working out how to leverage them to enhance communication.
Take chatbots, for example. How can chatbots improve emails?
Inserting a chatbot into email bills, invoices, policies, and letters provides a great opportunity to assist the customer, immediately – providing them with information they would usually have to find by logging into a portal or making a phone call.
This appeals to today’s ‘on-the-move consumers’ who want an instant response to questions or to know immediately that a task has been actioned, without necessarily having to call in.
For example, when a customer has received a bill or letter, he/she may want to get immediate answers to questions such as:
- Why is my bill so high this month?
- Can I set up autopay?
- Does my policy cover overseas travel?
- When does my short-term insurance policy expire?
In addition to getting answers to pressing questions, chatbots can also be used to carry out simple tasks, such as:
- Setting a notification for when a bill reaches a set limit
- Renewing an insurance policy
- Lodging a dispute on a transaction
- Activating a notification to pay a bill on the due date
Customers really appreciate the ability to interact in the moment, by text and get an instant, detailed answer.
Aside from the customer convenience, there are also benefits to the organization:
- Customers can self-serve, meaning fewer customer service calls
- The personalized interaction is a great experience, which delights customers
- And you’re able to gather insights from the interaction to better service the customer
But, don’t only target operational communications – you can add a chatbot to your marketing emails to provide a new call-to-action that customers will love using.
COO The Americas