Technical Account Manager
Job Description: Technical Account Manager
Based: Sevenoaks – UK
Reports to: Commercial Director
Striata UK is looking to add a Technical Account Manager to their growing team. The position is based in Sevenoaks, While experience in some account or client management is essential the technical elements of the job can be learned. The ability to take on and understand these technical elements is a vital part of the role.
The Technical Account Manager
The position of Technical Account Manager requires a pro-active, efficient and professional individual who can add strategic value to clients and the company, by taking full responsibility for managing and developing accounts.
The Technical Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client relationship management and ensuring efficient service delivery.
The ability to understand the client needs and requests, including how these map to the Striata products and solutions is a key part of the role. A general level of IT knowledge of how solution architectures are constructed as well as the way messaging works (with particular knowledge of Email and SMS).
The Technical Account Manager will be required to have an in-depth understanding of Striata software and processes in order to develop the accounts they work on. They will also need to have the capability to step in to cover for other key roles, such as Technical Project Manager or Business Analyst.
- Regular meetings and reporting to the Commercial Director
- Manage existing client relationships to promote the Striata business
- Responsible for all client communication, contracts, SLAs, deliverables and revenue targets
- Be an expert on all Striata products and services (includes new sales and opportunities)
- Architect solutions for customers based on requirements
- Responsible for conflict resolution and incident management
- Assist internal teams with the timely delivery of services and products in line with commitments made during the sales process.
- Required to review (and create as necessary) all major deliverables (i.e. strategic briefs, functional specification documents, technical specification documents, etc.) to ensure quality, standards and client expectations are met
- Work with stakeholders to accelerate the use of the Striata platform
- Responsible for creating and approving change requests and invoices, and is responsible for reviewing invoicing and presenting this to clients on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for drafting statements of work.
- Required to work closely with the Project Manager to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to each project.
- Required to ensure that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable.
- Required to be proactively involved in finding opportunities for account growth and new business, involving the Commercial Director where required.
- Responsible for communicating the client’s goals and representing the client’s interests to internal Striata stakeholders.
- Required to act as the interface between the customer and various internal staff to set proper client expectations.
- Required to initiate and communicate new ideas to clients, based on knowledge of the industry and an understanding of Striata’s solutions.
- Fill out the CRM and produce Account Plans as per the direction of the Commercial Director
- Must be capable of driving new business opportunities within their assigned accounts; this includes being motivated to achieve set financial targets.
- Assist in project handover to the operational team
- Above all an aptitude to learn process and technical skills while communicating effectively with the client.
- Preferable – Proven Account Manager Skills that illustrate creating, maintaining and enhancing customer relationships.
- Preferable – Experience in a technical environment (technical competence in understanding software, hardware, networks, data flow, etc.) is essential.
- Preferable – Experience in conducting and driving meetings.
- Ability to learn how to conceptualise and architect solutions for clients based on stated needs and outcomes
- In-depth understanding of message deliverability (can be learnt within the first few months of joining)
- Understanding of digital communications (email, SMS, WhatsApp, RCS, other digital formats)
- Data management
- Proficient in the use of both Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Support and help fill out audit documents
- Incident management and reporting
- Supporting and help senior managers with more technical tasks
- General knowledge of the industry and keeping up to date with any current advancements and changes
- An all-round capability to cover other roles such as campaign or project management.
- Identifying new functionality requirements or design requests and feeding these back to the application development team
- UK based
- Experience in Account Management (5 yrs+)
- Experience in CCM (5 yrs+)
- Have a strong ability to conceptualize and follow through on projects from start to finish
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent communicator
- Strong personality
- The Technical Account Manager will be responsible for any other functions that management may require from time to time.