Job Title: Platform Engineer
Department: Global Managed Infrastructure
Location: Australia (Contract position)
The employee is employed in the capacity of Striata Platform Engineer. This includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
The Administrator is responsible for the administration of all Striata servers and services. The Administrator will be part of a team of technicians and administrators that shares the same responsibility. This includes:
- Installing applications and operating systems.
- Maintaining and updating applications and operating systems.
- Monitoring all services and servers.
- Maintaining and monitoring the current Striata network.
- Installing and third level support of Striata Applications and services related to Striata solutions.
- Provide technical support for team members.
- Construct and maintain all required consulting documentation.
- Provide a clear consulting communication channel.
- Ensure all knowledge gained is documented and added to the Striata knowledge base.
- Assist the Head of Global Managed Infrastructure with all client related issues, including onsite support.
- Management of appropriate processes maintaining and supporting the above mentioned.
- Consulting on the installation of the application, upgrades and patches.
- Raising all new software bugs with Devco. This includes gathering all required information and applying the fixes to the appropriate platform.
- Analysis of all system related issues and appropriately communicate the results.
The employee will assist in annual and weekly deliverability projects and goals. He or she will report directly to the Head of Global Managed Infrastructure Manager on all related tasks and issues. The scope of deliverability will include all Striata environments and selected Client deployments.
The employee is responsible for constant monitoring of the delivery reports of major outbound email campaigns for domains that are blocking our servers, as well as liaison with the domain owners and postmasters and follow through until the block is removed
On-call Shift Duties
The Striata Platform Engineer is required to be on standby on nights and weekends as stipulated by the support Manager. Shifts are scheduled according to a roster, and when on call, the system administrator is expected to answer support calls and manage customer support requirements.
The Striata Platform Engineer is responsible for logging all problems and changes into the Internal Query Tracking system and responding to emails via the system.
The Striata Platform Engineer is responsible for resolving problems and escalating to the correct technical resources if he /she cannot resolve the problem. Problems need to be resolved according to the Service Level Agreement held with each client.
Incident Management Detection
The Striata Platform Engineer is responsible for monitoring system up time and morning infrastructure checks during his on call shifts.
Incident Management Notifications
The Striata Platform Engineer will assist in notifying clients in the correct manner & time of any incident detected that impact on the client’s business.
Incident Management Reports
The Striata Platform Engineer is responsible for creating, distributing and presenting incident reports to a predefined list of clients during his on call shifts.
The Striata Platform Engineer is responsible for creating and maintaining documentation related to the support process, training and user manuals.
The Striata Platform Engineer is responsible for generating trend reports on delivery.
The Striata Platform Engineer is required to ensure that all systems comply with the Striata Security Policies. Risks need to be identified and communicated to management regularly.
The Striata Platform Engineer is responsible for making sure Striata is correctly licensed for all software and performs regular Hardware and Software Audits.
Feedback and Reporting
The Striata Platform Engineer is responsible for giving accurate feedback to management. This can be done verbally or making use of a weekly status report that includes the following topics:
- Types of queries
The Striata Platform Engineer will be responsible for any other functions that management may require from time to time.
- Working Remotely from home office environment.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
4-6 years’ relevant working experience on Linux systems administration
- Working experience in network, DNS, VPN and DHCP administration
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Fully proficient within a Linux environment
- Familiar with Windows environment
- Apache & IIS experience
- Fully proficient on Virtualization & Cloud Services like AWS
- Sound knowledge of a Relational database design, performance and query tuning is a must.
- Added advantage:
- Experience in Network & Security Administration
- Control Versioning Software
- DevOps skills
A highly motivated individual who is willing to learn and implement new and exciting things.
A broad technical background and love of technology, from hardware to server maintenance and basic development skills. Energetic, creative and lateral thinking process to be able to troubleshoot issues.
- Fluent English Speaker
- Is proactive and service driven
- Capable of working remotely
- Able to work independently
- Maintain standards of conduct
- Honest, reliable & confidential
- Respectful & flexible
- Possess cultural & political awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Pro-active with a strong sense of urgency
- Great at teamwork
- Values constructive feedback
- Available and eagerness to help
- Self-motivated & positive