Job Description: Perl Developer Developer
Employed by: Striata SA (Pty) Ltd
Reports to: Assigned Commercial and Operational Leads
The Web Developer is required to work in collaboration with pod on projects and tasks assigned to pod. Projects and tasks will include designing, developing and maintaining Datasource’s, reports, automation, web reporting and web services.
- Creates and maintains code that meets design specifications, follows standards, is easy to maintain and is reasonably free from defects;
- Provides maintenance, improvement and production support for existing applications;
- Participates in design sessions to understand the business requirement and solution to be delivered;
- Assists the Business analyst with creating project plans and estimating task durations;
- Communicates with other Developers, the Integration Manager and Business Analysts on product issues;
- Works with Testing team to ensure that the project is accurately tested;
- Effective database development
- Effective product development
- Effective custom development
- Effective trouble shooting
- Database Development
- Working with all aspects of database design, development and maintenance.
- Writing and execution of scripts on databases.
- Designing and maintaining both new and existing applications.
- Preparing technical documentation of products and source code, both internally and externally.
- Development of custom software for specific client projects.
- Integration of custom-developed software into the Striata Application Platform.
- Assistance with specifying of custom requirements, including estimates for costing purposes.
- Preparation of technical and handover documentation as required by the customer on developed modules.
- Familiar with web service protocols (SOAP, WSDL, etc.)
- Familiar with web service frameworks (Java, PHP, Perl, C++)
- The Developer will be responsible for any other functions that management may require from time to time
- PHP (Nice to have)
- Perl (Essential, MUST HAVE)
- Linux (Additional)
- Completed Matric
- 2-5 years’ experience within a similar position
- Fully proficient in HTML and Perl
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent time management ability
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills