Creative HTML Developer
Job Description: Creative HTML Developer
Location: South Africa
Subject Matter Expert
- Acts as the subject matter expert (SME) in designing functional and user friendly email and landing page layouts and is an authority with regards to design standards and email best practice.
- Continues to develop his/her knowledge of how design translates into HTML and how different clients email and web browsers display.
- Identifies and proposes areas of improvement throughout the design and development process.
- Engages with client on design, identity and brand matters.
- Looks for innovative and new email design styles in the industry.
- Understands the client’s digital and brand identity and ensures compliance.
- Reviews and provides critical feedback on design before development commences.
- Designs layouts that meet specifications and adhere to best practice for digital user experience (DX).
- Works with development resources to ensure that digital designs are optimal for the required output.
- Is the person to whom design issues are escalated and assists in troubleshooting and resolving these.
- Ensures the appropriate project documentation (eg specifications and design guidelines) is complete and of the required standard.
Review and Quality Assurance
- Works with the QA team to streamline testing and change control processes.
- Reviews HTML templates for accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design and brand identity.
- Provides constructive feedback based on quality issues
- Ensures these learning points are communicated internally and externally to raise the level of design quality and efficiency.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficient in HTML coding (with and without CSS)
- Working knowledge of email test platforms (Litmus, Email on Acid)
- 3-4 years’ experience in digital design
- Email design a major plus
- Has a relevant post matric qualification
- Can provide a portfolio of digital design work