How Does 'Push' eBilling WorkFinding an eBilling model that achieves the highest customer adoption rates, quickest return on investment and is easy to implement is the ideal win.
The different eBilling models of todayeBilling is the replacement of traditional paper bills and statements with electronic equivalents. eBilling can include a payment option using a form within the bill or a link to a payment website.
There are 4 main models for eBilling (also known as Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment or EBPP), all focused on consumers (B2C) and should not be confused with eInvoicing, which is focused on businesses (B2B):
Biller Direct Push – bills are sent by the biller directly to the customer as an attachment to an email
Biller Direct Pull – Billers pull customers back to their website to fetch the bill
Bank Aggregation – Banks display bill summaries for different billers within Internet banking
Bill Consolidators – bills are collected from various billers and displayed within a single web interface.
Biller Direct ‘Push’ results in the highest customer adoption ratesStriata's Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment solution delivers electronic bills via email (Biller Direct Push). eBills that are delivered via email are as convenient as traditionally posted bills. The added advantage is that your customers can immediately make payments easily and safely, directly from within the eBill.
This model has the highest customer adoption rates for billers as it closely mimics the traditional paper bill that it replaces.
Bills are simply delivered to the customer’s inbox.
Billing made easy using Striata’s ‘push’ solutionThis solution is quick to implement, sold as software as a service and delivers strong ROI.
This is how Striata’s ‘push’ billing solution can work for you:
- Your billing data is separated between print and electronic - the current datafile used for the print run can be used without change.
- Data for electronic bills is provided as a file - or fully composed bill images - along with a datafile of customer email addresses and details.
- Bills are generated and secured with shared secret technology. A cover email is generated from appropriate templates (different per customer segment if required) and the secure bill is attached.
- Emails are sent through a high volume secure mailing engine that provides authentication and non-repudiation.
- The email (marked as an eBill) bypasses spam filters and arrives in the customer inbox, with all images displayed and all links enabled.
- Customer payments are made without the need to visit a payment website.
- Reports and management information of delivery, receipt, opening and payment are automatically generated.
How does ‘push’ eBilling work for the customer?
- The customer provides their email address. This can happen in a variety of ways: at the point of purchase, application or when responding to an advert, marketing campaign or call to call centre.
- The customer is automatically flagged for eBilling.
- The secure electronic bill arrives via email - attached as an encrypted document.
- The body of the email contains instructions, information and marketing messages with interactive links.
- The customer clicks on the secure attachment. Shared secret technology unlocks the eBill (therefore no registration, logins or passwords are required).
- The customer is able to view summary bill data, itemised billing and open embedded data files of transactions.
- An embedded payment form allows the customer to pay the bill directly from within the attachment (no website or login required).
- The bill remains encrypted while not in use, so the customer's personal data is protected, even if their computer is lost or stolen.
- The customer can pay the bill directly from the secure attachment without the need to visit a website. Paper is automatically suppressed once the customer has successfully opened an eBill although the customers can elect to receive paper if preferable.
Striata’s ‘Push’ eBilling results in the highest customer adoption
- No logins / registration required: Customers don't need to login or remember any usernames or passwords. Striata's secure electronic documents can only be opened with a shared secret (a piece of information that only the biller and the customer knows; for example the last 4 digits of a mobile or social security number).
- One click payment: The eBill looks just like the traditional paper bill, but with added rich interactive features, such as the ability to make a one click payment from within the document. Customers receive an instant payment confirmation that the payment has been received.
- Secure consolidation & storage: Email billing enables customers to consolidate and store all documents from each biller in their mail client or in another folder on the computer, while retaining all security mechanisms.
- Feature rich, personalized marketing offers: Billers can maximise the benefits of prime marketing real-estate through personalized, relevant and targeted promotions as part of the email or within the attachment. Click-through rates dramatically exceed industry standards because promotions are targeted and personalized.