Job Description: Web developer
Location: South Africa
We’re looking for…
Someone who lives for making people’s lives easier! By using your skills as a web developer to design, create and maintain highly efficient internal system that can support a company’s internal processes and procedures.
You have a good understanding of process and interface design and that knowledge assists you in implementation decisions.
You are the guru on website technologies and live for effective implementation technologies that make your life easier and the result is fast and agile deployments that meet the needs of the users.
What’s the role?
You’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining an internal company management system that supports the company’s specific processes and procedures.
This will be constantly evolving solution to improve workflow and communications internally.
You’ll have the opportunity to show off your comprehensive knowledge of interface best practice, Business analytics as well as development technologies that meet the highest standards.
You’re someone who…
- Is able to work independently or in a group setting
- Is a talented developer
- Has an above and beyond attitude
- Is proactive and service driven
- Has excellent time management ability
- Is a great communicator
- Is able to remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Is highly energetic creative and lateral thinker
Boxes to tick
- 3 -5 years’ experience within a similar position
- Unix / CentOS
- Google Apps API
- Google Apps scripts
- API Integration
Other strong technical skills that include
- PHP Frameworks
- Database skills
- Testing and quality assurance
- Web servers
- MVC Frameworks
The employee is employed in the capacity relating to all facets of Striata Developer.
- Creates and maintains code that meets design specifications, follows standards, is easy to maintain and is reasonably free from defects;
- Provides maintenance, improvement and production support for existing applications;
- Participates in design sessions to understand the business requirement and solution to be delivered;
- Assists gathering requirements, design and estimating task durations;
- Communicates with other Developers, the Project Manager and Business Analysts on product issues;
- Ensures that the project is accurately tested;
- Effective database development
- Effective product development
- Effective custom development
- Effective troubleshooting
- Database Development
- Working with all aspects of database design, development and maintenance.
- Writing and execution of scripts on databases.
- Product Development
- Designing and maintaining both new and existing applications.
- Preparing technical documentation of products and source code, both internally and externally.
- The Developer will be responsible for any other functions that management may require from time to time
Systems include but are not limited to:
- Google scripting