Job Title: Global DevOps Engineer
Department: Global Solutions
We’re looking for…
A highly motivated individual who is willing to learn and implement new and exciting things.
A broad technical background and love of technology, from hardware to server maintenance and basic development skills. Energetic, creative and lateral thinking process to able to troubleshoot issues.
Who are you?
You’re a critical thinker and enjoy working on a variety of different projects. You appreciate learning and prefer a fast-paced day where you use different skills sets to a dull, boring environment.
You want to learn from experienced co-workers and are looking for a dynamic company that provides growth, excitement, variety and stimulation, and values learning, personal development, innovative thinking and hard work.
What’s the role?
You’ll be learning from the best by joining our dynamic team. Task include items such as:
- Technical consulting
- System administration
- Backups & snapshots
- Monitoring server uptime
- Maintain internal system security levels
- Improve the monitoring systems & processes
- 3rd level support for regions
- Standardized processes
- Documentation & training
- Quality assurance & beta testing
- Troubleshooting & recreating issues
- Research and development with the aim to improve efficiencies
You’re someone who…
- Is able to work independently and questions the status quo
- Has a good service ethic
- Has an above and beyond attitude
- Works well in a team
- Values constructive feedback
- Is proactive and service driven
- Is able to remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Is a highly energetic, creative and lateral thinker
- Amazing attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to communicate remotely with global team members
- Ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure
- Excellent time management ability
- Highly organized, logical and structured individual
Boxes to tick
LOVE of technology.
Technical background that includes:
- NB – Good programming and scripting development skills (Perl, Python etc.)
- NB – Experience with Devops tools (e.g. Puppet, Docker, Foreman etc. )
- Zabbix configuration & template development
- Good Linux environment knowledge
- Familiar with Windows environment (2 years’ experience)
- SQL & MySQL experience (1-2 years’ experience)
- Apache & IIS experience (At least 2 years’ experience)
- Networking experience
- Troubleshooting and investigation experience