Job Description: Datasource Developer
Location: South Africa
- Creates and maintains code that meets design specifications, follows standards, is easy to maintain and is reasonably free from defects;
- Provides maintenance, improvement and production support for existing applications;
- Participates in design sessions to understand the business requirement and solution to be delivered;
- Assists the Business analyst with creating project plans and estimating task durations;
- Communicates with other Developers, the Integration Manager and Business Analysts on product issues;
- Works with Testing team to ensure that the project is accurately tested;
- Effective database development
- Effective trouble shooting
- Effective custom development
- Effective product development
- Adequate CVS knowledge
- Timeously completing CVS tasks
- Working with all aspects of database design, development and maintenance.
- Writing and execution of scripts on databases.
- Designing and maintaining both new and existing applications.
- Preparing technical documentation of products and source code, both internally and externally.
- Development of custom software for specific client projects.
- Integration of custom-developed software into the Striata Application Platform.
- Assistance with specifying of custom requirements, including estimates for costing purposes.
- Preparation of technical and handover documentation as required by the customer on developed modules.
- Familiar with web service protocols (SOAP, WSDL, etc.)
- Familiar with web service frameworks (Java, PHP, Perl, C++)
- Linux (Additional)
- 4 -5 years’ experience within a similar position
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent time management ability
- Ability to lead and motivate team members
- The candidate must be comfortable in an open plan set-up with constant group interaction
- The Datasource will be responsible for any other functions that management may require from time to time