Job Description: C++ software developer for hyper- growth SAAS company
Location: South Africa
Summary: Striata is growing and looking to onboard bright, uber-technical developers.
Technically superior to most of the software developers you have worked with. Your ability to foresee the solution early-on and your successful history of delivering well-designed and stable software creates a natural hierarchy that escalates you to the lead position in software project teams.
You enjoy the added responsibility of setting the technical direction for a project and are comfortable debating the technical merits of your decisions. You have the breadth of knowledge that allows you a wider range of considerations which more often than not results in your decisions being right from the start. These attributes are noticed by your peers and sometimes impact your daily productivity as a result of being the “go to guy”
What you need to bring…
- Expert level C++ development
- An understanding of what is required to predictably deliver high quality software
- The breadth of knowledge to confidently work throughout the stack on middleware, front-end and DB technologies
- Experience in server-side development
- Experience in design patterns, object orientated design, multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience working in an Agile (scrum based) environment, a commitment to the Agile ethos and success in delivering software using Agile techniques.
- Experience in developing OS agnostic software
- Ability to confidently work using the command line within Linux and FreeBSD
- Experience using test driven development techniques (TDD)
- Experience using GIT for version control
- Experience working in an environment that has successfully implemented continuous integration (CI)
- Happy, smart and loves technology
Your core responsibility will be to design, build and extend high quality applications for the Striata platform. You’ll work closely with our UX design team and fellow developers to bring world class products to the market, leveraging your experience with client/server technologies, preferably with rich clients. You’ll also play a role in sourcing, hiring and leading new members for the software development team.
What you will be doing…
- Design, construct and extend high quality applications for the Striata platform
- Consume and take ownership of existing Striata projects and tools
- Adopt, improve and drive Striata coding standards and processes
- Contribute to waste elimination within the development environment
- Manage the overall quality of software produced for your allocated projects
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Deliver high quality software in a predictable fashion
- Drive Striata’s culture and values within the UK team
What we will offer you…
- Ability to make a direct impact on a world class platform and its users
- Opportunity to work within a small, highly professional, highly skilled development team
- Our explicit commitment to high quality software engineering – we do it right.
- A solid company with a vibrant startup culture
- Autonomy, mastery and purpose in one package
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to save our trees with your code