Telecommunications DemoOn the cutting edge of technology, telecommunications companies are, ironically, "drowning" in paper. The Striata Telecommunications Demo shows the power of rich, electronic email bill presentment in driving customer adoption of paper turn off and other strategic online targets.
Customers require the Adobe Reader to open Striata Secure PDF attachments or the Striata Reader to open Striata Encrypted EMC attachments.
Key features of the demo:
- The attached email bill is highly compressed, with most less than 120KB in size.
- The 'shared secret' challenge enables a very high level of security.
- Authentication is offline. The recipient does not need to be connected to the Internet to view their bills.
- The offline bill is opened in a browser, thereby eliminating any dependency on the type of email client.
- Multiple file types can be packaged within the HTML view, including a data file for easy accounts receivable (AR) system upload, as well as a PDF version for perfect printing.
- Striata BillPay allows for ultra-secure one-click ACH, debit & credit card payment, directly from within the email bill.
- The same technology can be used to embed alternative interactions, for example, surveys, notifications, and self help.
- The secure eBill attachment remains encrypted, even once saved onto the local computer, thus ensuring continued security of personal data.
- Unlike web based billing and customer care portals, bank grade security is built into the secure attachment that is delivered to the customer.
- Links and offers within the electronic document are therefore secure, trusted, unphishable links that can drive qualified customer traffic to the biller web site.
- Email bill and statement presentment creates numerous touch points for cross sell and upsell to existing customers. These can be personalized and targeted to any known demographic.
Proactive introductory email1. The biller "delivers" a proactive introductory email to all customers with an existing email address.
2. Customers open the attached sample bill (or statement, or policy), to ensure that they can view the Striata Secure PDF or Striata Encrypted EMC.
3. Customers confirm acceptance and agree to the biller's Terms and Conditions (one click submission).
Email body with attached bill or statementThe entire bill, including line item consolidation, data files, marketing offers, and one click payment capabilities is delivered as an attachment that can be saved, printed, and viewed offline and outside the email client, with all the security mechanisms intact.
Features in the email cover letter include:
- An authentication box that uses personal data to prove that the sender knows the recipient and acts as a counter measure to phishing attempts.
- Detailed instructions on how to open the secure attachment.
- Targeted transpromo marketing opportunities that promote cross-selling and up-selling to existing customers.
- A footer with CAN Spam information and removal instructions.
Opening the attachmentThe eStatement is protected by shared secret technology, which ensures that the content is kept confidential during transmission through the internet.
There are two types of eStatements demonstrations available: Striata Secure PDF and Striata Encrypted.EMC. Below are examples of shared secret dialogue boxes for each type of attachment.
|Striata Encrypted EMC
Requires the Striata Reader (60Kb)
The company name is "striata"
and the document type is "test".
|Striata Secure PDF
Requires the Adobe Reader. The password is "test".
Viewing the secure attachmentThe recipient double clicks to open the attachment. While the sample demos an eBill, the attachment can be any type of electronic document, and can include .
Striata Encrypted EMC versions have the added advantage of having sorting and graphing in the actual statement.
An eBill can include:
- An exact replica of the paper bill, including line item summaries.
- Integrated electronic payment capabilities.
- Additional interactive elements such as links to a Frequently Asked Questions page, space for interactive marketing messages and the option of an embedded data file
Making paymentsStriata BillPay with one-click payment capabilities are embedded into the electronic bill. This integration of bill presentment and payment can't be matched offline or online, and appears to be the customer preference: more than half of eBill customers pay within a day or two of receiving their bill.
Payment features include:
- Customers who choose to store their payment details can pay bills in just one click.
- Customers receive immediate confirmation in addition to a payment confirmation email (another opportunity for targeted, personalized marketing offers).
- BillPay is a modular solution, designed to work with any payment integrator.