When trying to open the .emc file (attachment) I get this message:
- Could not open program to read file named … Reason: 2147746293
- Can’t create file…Reason 193
This error normally occurs when a file extension is not associated with the correct application. The file types that the majority of projects use are:
- .emc and .emd – these need to be associated with the Striata Reader. If it is not available, it did not install correctly.
- .html and .htm – these need to opened with your default Web Browser; Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome
- .pdf – this needs to be opened with a PDF reader; this is often Adobe Reader
Follow the step by step process below to associate the files with the correct programs:
| Windows XP:
1. Fix Associations
2. Confirm that at least one Web Browser is set as the default.
|Windows Vista / 7:
1. Fix Associations.
Posted in: Striata Reader
Linda previously led the Product Management of the Striata Application Platform before moving across to Striata North America as Chief Technical Officer (CTO). As Product Manager, her responsibilities included internal project management of the product development team, market research & product feature design, as well as the product lifecycle management and quality control. As CTO, Linda was responsible for all technical operations for North, Central and South America, including the Project Management, Support, Production and Data Engineering.
Linda has over 10 years of experience in the IT industry, ranging from video streaming solutions and website application development to electronic billing and messaging. Prior to joining Striata in 2002, Linda held the positions of Chief Information Officer at AfriCam, and was IT project manager at Dimension Data.
Linda studied at the University of Natal - Pietermaritzburg and holds a degree in BSc, Majoring in Computer Science and Economics. Linda also has a Diploma in Project Management.
Latest posts by Linda Misauer (see all)
- Striata supports safer email – in a secure, encrypted attachment - June 11, 2014
- Digging deeper into email... - May 26, 2014
- Gmail streamlines email search functionality with image grid view of promo messages - March 27, 2014